The internet is changing the way we conduct business and interact as a society. Traditionally, hardware and software is fully contained on a user’s computer. This means that you access your data and programs exclusively within your own computer.
Cloud computing allows you to access your data and programs outside of your own computing environment. Rather than storing your data and software on your personal computer or server, it is stored in ‘the cloud’. This could include applications, databases, email and file services.
How Cloud Computing Works
There are 3 main types of cloud computing service models available, commonly known as:
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Depending on your needs, your business could use one of these service models, or a mixture of the 3.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
The benefits of cloud computing is a long and extraordinary list, especially if you’re a business owner. Here are just 10 of the many cloud computing advantages.
- The cloud has less operational issues
- The cloud actually saves you money
- The cloud requires less capital
- Cloud computing increases collaboration amongst your team
- Cloud computing reduces your carbon footprint
- The cloud is always on
- The cloud gives employees a better work-life balance
- The cloud has better security
- The cloud makes it easy to control your documents
- It’s easy to implement
Cloud computing advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Cloud challenges have actually declined across the board since just last year, so it’s easier than ever to adopt and use.